What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
In short, SEO is your websites un-paid visibility in search engines. In absolutely general terms, the higher your ranking and the frequency of your website appearance in (keyword) searches, the more visits you will receive.
So how does one optimize a website for best results with SEO?
This is rudimentary guidelines straight from Google SEO documentation:
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the ‘description’ Meta-Tag
- Improve site-structure of URLs
- Make the site simple to navigate
- Offer unique, quality content (and/or products/services)
- Write good ‘Anchor Text’
- Optimize usage of images
- Use heading Tags appropriately
- Make effective use of the robots.txt file
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
- If your site supports mobile – notify search engines of your site
- Guide mobile users accurately
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of webmasters or at least webmaster toolsets
We will be going into more details on this topics in the near future.